Sunday, April 16, 2006

Junkfood Vegan

I just learned the term 'junk food vegan' from a vegan podcast the other day. It kind of fits my wife and I to a tee. We don't cook nearly enough fresh stuff. And sure, in the winter in Anchorage, it's easy enough to piss-n-moan about the lack of fresh produce. Easy to fall into the ready-made vegan food routine. The other problem is that between the two of us, I am the one who enjoys cooking more. And I've been burned out on it for awhile now. I actully had to cook something in my trusty castiron pan the other day. I stood there staring blankly at the pan, the stove knobs, and the open spice cupboard - like I've never seen any of them before! Lol.



So today's vegan quick food entry is in the soup catagory. Annie Chun's noodle bowl soups, to be exact! These things are great! They come in a bio-degradable bowl (potato starch maybe?), and inside you'll find a sealed bag with moist pre-cooked udon noodles, another with a little freeze-dried brick of veggies, and a third with sause. Takes less than 5 min's to make and tastes remarkably like someting you'd get at Souper Bowl at Anch 5th Ave Mall !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home