Friday, April 14, 2006

I fell off the vegan train.

I fell of the vegan train, the vegan train, the vegan train.

But, I'm easing myself back on. You know how it is when you're sick? I had the flu a few weeks ago, and when I could eat again, I was very choosy about what 'tasted okay'. I still haven't eaten beef since I've declared myself vegan. Also, I haven't done dairy for almost 4 years. But I did backslide on ham (see above) , and chicken. But in my defense, I've been having chicken at Organic Oasis or Natural Pantry. Both use free-range organic meat.

Not that I have a huge vegan following amongst my myspace peeps, but in upcoming posts, I think I'll share some vegan-friendly foods that are big hits. Specifically, vegan foods that taste like non-vegan. I'll start this off today with yoghurt. There are several brands of soy-milk based yoghurt. They have the same active cultures that milk-based yoghurt does and have the same benefits to aid digestion. The brand that, for me, tastes the most like mainstream yoghurt is by Whole Soy and Co. You can find them in the fridge case in the health food department at Freddies. Give one a try even if you're not vegan! Aren't you curious? They come in all the usual fruit flavors and vanilla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home