Saturday, January 13, 2007

It's Happening

I'll just come out and say it. I've been offered my first gallery show! Well, it's not technically a gallery. It's a restaurant that shows art.

I recently signed up with JPG Magazine to be an online contributor (see last post). How it works is I upload photos to my account. I can also add my photos to groups on certain topic themes. These themes are topics that will appear in an upcoming print issue of JPG. After adding a photo to a theme, then others can vote (thumbs-up and thumbs-down buttons) on the image. Photos that have a high positive vote count have a better chance of being published. I had posted a myspace bulletin asking my friends to come to JPG and vote for my shots. I did get some votes, so I guess it's working. But more importantly, I got an email via myspace asking if I would like my own First Friday show!

Anchorage galleries have open house on the first Friday of each month. I will be showing at Noble's Diner in Anchorage on Friday July 6th! WooHoooo!!

I'm excited and a bit scared. This is my first showing and marks my transition to professional photographer. There's a lot of work to be done between now and then. I do have enough material to do a show, but need to choose the pieces. I may add some as yet un-taken photos too. And of course printing and framing needs to be done.

But... this is so cool!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog! CONGRATULATIONS on your showing - this is soooo exciting!!!!

:) dh

Wed Feb 28, 09:13:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home