Tuesday, August 15, 2006

An intgeresting week...

I know that I've been neglecting you lately, and I'm sorry about that. It seems that the easiest times to blog are winter or when the chips are down. So this post falls under the 2nd category. Or at least, the status of my 'chips' is what got me writing. Like everyone, I've had ups and downs. What do you want first? ... the BAD news, you say? Okay.

A few months back (and I'm sure you could look this up on a prior post) my laptop's HD began to make this funny humming sound. At first I could barely here it; and it would only happen when the laptop was being moved. About a week ago, the HD sound began to happen when the laptop was still also. Shortly after that, the system began to slow down, and programs began to crash. See where I'm going with this? So I made arrangements to backup everything to an external HD and send the laptop back. It left today and I'm blogging from a 'vintage' late-90's iMac. The kind that looks like a TV with a keyboard in front of it. Speaking of backups, some of my data didn't make the trip. :( The laptop is covered yet, so at least it should be a free repair. I'm hoping to have it back by the weekend.

Now the good news. Remember that camera that got left on my car roof last December? I've finally replaced it. I was getting by on a borrowed cam for the past 6 months (thanks Mrs Adrift!). My flickr account has exploded. Now aproaching 1000 images. And I'm still hoping to start a business selling my work.

The rest of my summer has been about the same as last time I posted. I would like to get out camping some more before summer is over. It seems like every weekend something has to come up that needs to be done. Or the weather is crap. Work has been normal. Busy. I had some ups and downs the past few months with both teen problems (my daughter) and medical problems. My friends have really been there for me for both and I want to say a heartfelt thanks. You guys are the greatest!

Sorry that myspace has slid this summer. It's in good company though. I've also sluffed off on much of my podcast listening (except for a special few 'casts), blogspot blogging, and geocaching. Oh, and TV viewing is way down. So it's not all bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home