Monday, April 17, 2006

A photographer's dinner...

No, not really. But I did meet-up with a couple of online friends for the first time, last night. One of them is an accomplished hobbiest photographer. And for the second time in as many days, I found myself ooing and ahhhing over a friends DSLR. This time a Canon 20D with a long-ass lens. NICE! It had one of the easiest menu's to navigate that I have found so far. Two reasons for this. One: Canon seems to place the menu in one big scollable list - no effing tabs to deal with. Sections of the list are color coded to designate topics. The 2nd reason for the 20D's ease with menu's is the big friendly mehanical scroll-wheel on the back of the cam. Using it is much like using an iPod's menu. Again.... nice! This is a good cam and I'd be happy to have one. I'm still considering the Minolta 7D because of it's 'knobs and buttons for everything' aproach. But the 7D is huge and heavy. I've also tried the Pentax *ist series - which almost runs too small for my hands. Size-wise the 20D is a great compromise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home