Friday, June 01, 2007

While I waited...

If there is a bright side to having my main camera taken away for a month, it was to force me to improve my skills while using substitute cameras. I thought I'd share a few of my shots from the past three weeks. First, some photos taken with a pocket 6 megapixel Olympus Stylus 600:

Grebe on Cheney Lake

io

Feather and Dropplet

Possibilities

Morning Rose

The Olympus's advantages are portability and a lens that's great at macro. It's limitations are a slow lens (hard to get sharp shots unless the subject is lit well or the camera must be braced), and lack of an optical viewfinder (shots must be composed on screen).

Macro-Orton

Things I Have Loved

The olympus can be a bit rough around the edges. Photoshop is able to correct for some of this.

Next, I went old skool and dragged out my vintage 1984 Canon AL-1 35mm. Some shots from this week:

Woman with Sign

Commander

I don't do enough with film to own a film scanner, so I had the photoprocessor burn me a CD. This was a mistake. The scans were low-res. Again, Photoshop to the rescue. I've also been dabbling in the Orton Effect. That glow that you see on some of these shots.

But my 30D is back! (see last post) and I'm ready to go with my #1 gun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home