Friday, March 30, 2007

My Photo Week

Since my last update, I've shot some florals last work-week for a coworker who received flowers on her Birthday. She enjoyed the pics and as I write this, the bouquet is almost expired. She'll have the photos to remember them by.

Roses

Bouquet Study #2

Lone Tulip

Last Saturday, I spent the day with friends (rare for me), which included going to the Snow Goose Inn when one of them had a gig that evening. Most of my friends know that my camera is a constant companion, so of course I got pix.

Sepia Sean

... and on Sunday, I stopped in at Stewart's Photo to window shop on behalf of an out-of-town friend who owns a DSLR. She wants to buy a wide zoom lens and has her sights set on the Canon 16-37 L (pro) lens, but is balking at the $1500 price tag. I suggested that she might get near the same image quality by considering the Tamron 17-35 at $500. I did some side-by-side test shots with both lenses.

Tamron at 17mm
(tamron)

Canon at 16mm
(canon)

Then it was back to work this week. See below for the details on THAT! But I did stop to shoot a coworker friend's new American Bulldog puppy named Deja.

Meet Deja

Puppy Love

That brings you up to speed. It's been a couple days without fresh material, and I will TRY to take it easy this weekend, but will probably get some shooting in. I've been missing some spectacular sunrises on Mt Susitna this week because it conflicted with getting to work on time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home