Friday, March 09, 2007

One Month!

It's been a month since I have posted anything here; and it's been a busy one! After my week off, I took a couple more Fridays off to make 3-day weekends. I managed to eek a few good shots from the extra free days:



On the day that this shot was taken, I found myself 60 miles from home in below zero temperatures - and my car started making funny noises! I cut the photoshoot short, drove back to Anchorage and spent the remainder of the day waiting for the car in the shop. Turned out that I needed a break job.

The next major project was the Anchorage Fur Rendezvous festival. 'Fur Rondy' for short. The festival features a snow sculpture contest, dogsled races, art shows, craft fairs, outdoor sports, and a model railroad show to name a few. Plenty of fodder for my photography!







... and then an an break from the outdoors with some floral photog:





The next week was the world famous 1049mi Iditarod sleddog race which starts here in Anchorage, and ends in Nome, AK (over a week later). The race is ongoing as I write this.






And finally last weekend, my latest photographic foray was trying my hand at studio portrait work. I have a friend who wants to start modeling and needs a portfolio. He asked for my help. I managed to rig-up a studio on a very shoestring budget (under $50) and we tried our first shoot!



Whew!

My current project is to take employee photos for a going away album for a retiring coworker. We have over 300 employees, and I've been shooting on breaks and lunches for the past week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home