Friday, March 17, 2006

Sunday, March 05, 2006 (repost)

It's been a few days, and I wanted to get something to you. Sooo... This weekend can be summed up with two defining points.

Our teenage daughter went to Willow with a friend's family for the weekend for a better view of the ididarod.

and

My wife and I made a new friend. The first, outside of workplace friends, in a long time.

___

I wouldn't say that my daughter's absence made for a great weekend. But, I have been playing the part of 'taxi-dad' quite a bit lately. So wifey and I had some free time for other pursuits. Friday night was Beartooth. No, we didn't stay for Walk the Line. It was crazy-busy there for that flick! We did run into my mom, who was waiting in line. We just stopped for the shrimp n lime tacos and the beer.
Saturday she and I met a friend to talk blogging over coffee. And today it was a drive down to Portage on a photo scouting trip. I've been encouraged to enter a contest, and have some ideas as to what I'd like to shoot. Today's weather there sucked - hard. But I still used the time to explore my options and take a few test shots. Research, baby. Yeah.

Now the weekend is almost over, I'm left feeling a bit tired and very satisfied. So let Monday come ... I'm ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home