Friday, March 17, 2006

Monday, February 27, 2006 (repost)

Google's great, isn't it? We live in an age when any fact is at or fingertips. But man, what a convo killer Google can be!

So you're talking online with a friend about the topic de jour. They talk. You talk. They bring up a point. You counterpoint. You want to know more about some detail your friend brings ... BUT ... but think to yourself that your question is something learnable with 9 seconds on Google and therefore hesitate to ask. You think, "I'll look like an idiot if I ask this... I should know. I CAN know." The conversation starts listing like an unbalanced ship... tipping, sinking,... fuck! sunk!!

Well my friends, I've got the perfect answer. Brought to you from the makers of such fine acronyms as LOL and its sequel ROTGL. From TTFN and TTYL. I present to you ... ready? ...

2L2G

(too lazy to Google)

By using 2L2G, you are jokingly saying that, sure, you could just google the answer; but you're just too friggin lazy, so just go on and tell me. But what 2L2G is really conveying is: You're very important to me and I love talking to you. Sure I could look this up, but it's not about that. It's about the people connection. About friendship. Do I have the information world at my fingertips? Sure! Absolutely. But 'please.... go on...'

I'm telling you guys. 2L2G. Use it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home