Tuesday, May 23, 2006

In a word... vacation.

It's been a few day's since I've posted; and the reason, in a word, is vacation.

My sis-in-law arrived last Thursday and it's been non-stop activity since then. She and my wife grew up in Eagle River, so it's not like she's never seen Alaska; but she's lived Outside for over 15 years, so it's still a novilty (or maybe a nostalgia trip) whenever she makes it home.

Besides doing all the usual tourist things, she shares a love for photography. Those of you who follow me online will notice that my Flickr posts have gone up in proportion to my Blogger ones dropping. What's cool is that I'm learning new technique. For example, I tend to compose a shot based on 'feel' (although I do try to obey the 'rule of thirds') she's into paying close attention to sight-lines when composing. Also one or the other of us will see something photo-worthy that the other missed.

Yep, it's been a non-stop shoot-fest for the last 5 days straight! I went back to work for 1/2 week this week and I WAS SO TIRED yesterday. Work is a vacation from vacation, it seems.

I'll try not to keep it so long between posts. In the meantime:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/somewhereinak

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home