Friday, March 17, 2006

Sunday, February 05, 2006 07:39 (repost)

Ghost Town. Anchorage is a ghost town.
(read this post to 'Ghost Town' by The Specials)


Welcome to Super bowl Sunday people.

Now watch in wonder as I alienate 98.6% of you in one sentence! Ready?

I don't watch football, or any major professional sports, and won't be watching the Super bowl. Ghasps!

[tumbleweed blows by on my myspace page as everyone has cleared out]

Everyone at work that I know will be watching it. My mom will, I am sure. But I just have no interest in football, baseball, basketball. Okay, I kind of like hockey, but not to the point where I could hold up my end of the convo without majorly turning up the gain on the bullshit transmitter.

So another Super bowl Sunday in Anchorage. No traffic on the roads. No lines in the stores. If I pass by a male clerk, I will grunt as if in general dissatisfaction; as though I am as wounded as he, to not be in front of a TV tube right then. (think Invasion of the body snatchers here people). The super bowl viewers are like the pod-people and I�m Donald Sutherland. I must be veeery careful - for they can sniff me out. And if they do? SCREEEEEEEEEEEEECHHHHHHH!! (don't forget the pointing. the finger pointing...). So, in the words of Obi Wan, "We must be cautious..."

And for the two of you who are still my myspace buddies after this blog, Love ya!

PS - In what is perhaps an admission of hypocrisy, I do play the football pool at work. But the pool has little to do with football and much to do with being part of a different team altogether. Besides, I won't know it till they shove cash in my hands, but I may win!


Hate mail can be sent to P.O. Box...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home