Friday, March 17, 2006

Saturday, January 28, 2006 (repost)

North Country

My wife and I saw North Country at Beartooth last night. Although I wouldn't recommend it as a movie for a romantic date or to bring young kids, it is a truly an excellent film. In a nutshell, it's a real-life inspired story about a battered wife taking her kids and leaving to head back to her home town in northern MN. She's looking for work and the best prospect is the local mine.

The rest of the movie is a torturous journey through a life of sexual abuse and her current workplace plight with extreme hostility towards female mine workers. It was hard to fight back tears at times, and I was left with a general feeling of shame on behalf of my gender.

But still, this is a must see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home