Friday, March 17, 2006

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 (repost)

The other day I was picking up Mooses Tooth take-out after work. If you've been there, you know how the parking is. It only took me two orbits of the parking lot to find a spot. As I was walking to the door, I saw a huge pickup pull into one-and-a-half parking spaces. Handicap spots. The young woman who got out didn't look particularly handicapped herself, but you can't jump to conclusions... maybe she was picking up grandma or something. This thought doesn't occur to me at the time though. I'm just thinking what an asshole she is, but don't have the spine to tell her.

I think that I must be programmed since birth to hold doors for women. As I am lost in thought about what an ass 'Ms. I Can't Park 50' Away' is, I witness (to my horror) that I am currently holding the door for her. She enters and heads for the takeout counter. There is no grandma. I pay for my order and leave. As I pass her truck in the brisk night air, I see an elderly group exiting their car. It's parked in what's left of the neighboring handicapped spot. The thought flashes to tell them about the tall-ish 20-something with long light brown straight hair. I say nothing and keep walking.

I suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home