Friday, March 17, 2006

Monday, January 02, 2006 (repost)

A utility day.

If you're reading this, congrats! You survived another holiday.

I started the new year by falling on my ass while carrying a basket of laundry down the stairs. I think my crispy dry skinned feet on carpet had something to do with it. Not a nice visual, I know. Today, I don't see a bruise on my butt cheek, but it sure kills. I hope this isn't a omen of the new year to come...

After that, I decided to 'walk it off', and went to check on one of my Geocaches, plus two others owned by a friend out-of-town.

After that... Mailed some thank-you cards. Tried to go to Kaladi but they closed at 4pm!! Picked-up takeout at BearTooth. Developed some film at WallyWorld. Blah blah blah…

I also got an interesting email from a podcasting buddy of mine. The message basically said that they were recording a new show. All of the voicemails they had received on the comment line were shit, and would I please leave a 'good' comment to play on the show. Yikes! First of all, I subscribe to maybe 30 podcasts and listen a lot. I'm only subscribed to the message board on for one show, and rarely comment. I have never left an audio comment to be played on-air. Now I'm supposed to come up with something good because the rest are crap? Um. Talk about pressure?? So first their voicemail system was on the fritz and told me that it was an invalid mailbox. When I finally did get in, I left an okay message but kind of accidentally cut myself off (hung-up) too soon. So I'm sure the ending was sufficiently weird. When I stopped at KBC to try for a coffee, I used the payphone and made a longer message. Kind of off-topic and maybe still not entirely worthy, but better. [sigh]. I haven't heard from the podcaster buddy since. Not sure if that's a good sign or not.

BTW - For those of you who have access to my Flickr account, Check it out! I added more pix today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home