Friday, March 17, 2006

Saturday, December 17, 2005 (repost)

Post office

God bless the person who invented self-serve postal machines. There were only 6 people in line for the post offices version of U-Scan; and about 100 in the 'normal' line. We mailed our box and back on the icy slick Anchorage roads in no time. Home again.


dot dot dot

More on my holiday preparations. Sortie number one today was with my wife - Xmas shopping. Sortie two was some shopping FOR said wife, and also putting up some flyers for a myspace friend who has a podcast. I can pretty much guarantee a third sortie for the day. This one will be a perennial favorite for any Anchorageite. The obligatory trip to the big airport post office to ship holiday gifts outside. Oh, I can hardly wait. The snaking, impossibly long s-curved line of people. The dirty snowmelt-wet floor. The coughs and sneezes of my fellow citizens. And if I'm real lucky, the periodic waft of cigarette smoke and car exhaust when my section of the line passes the entry way (no fewer than two times... I guarantee it). Yep. I won't have the opportunity for this much fun until tax deadline day. On the upside... I have my trusty 5G black ipod, Raven (don't laugh! It's the biggest ipod, it's black, and it's smarter than the average bird).

And now, if you'll excuse me, I have some gifts to wrap and podcasts to download

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home