Friday, March 17, 2006

Thursday, December 08, 2005 (repost)

I am the laziest blogger on the planet.

Current song: All About Me, Me, and Me. by Imani. Also listening to some Regina, but this song title is more appropriate, don't you think?

I notice that, although I'm new here... I haven't posted anything since Pumpkin Day. Half of this could be explained by pure laziness on my part. The rest, I would have to attribute to my perpetual, and perhaps pestering, daily emails to a dear friend. In other words, I have been blogging to an audience of one, since the info is 'off my chest' I no longer feel the need to put it down here.

As for this account blog. We'll call this an experiment and see where it goes. I've been reading some of your blogs and although I don't typically chime-in with replies, I have read some deeply moving stuff. I couldn’t hope to compete, but I guess that's not what blogging is all about, right?

Okay. So to start with, I've been introduced to two new worlds this year. At this point, they're growing in my life. Consuming more of my time, thoughts, and energy. They are Podcasting and social networks. God help me if I get started on Second Life. I'll probably stop shaving and going to work. I learned about myspace from a podcast, and am meeting many of my favorite podcasters through myspace. The two seem to be feeding off of each other. I'll assume that if you're savvy enough to be here, that you probably know all about podcasts. I've been listening to shows since I got my first iPod in April and have recently considered doing a show myself. I haven't decided; and the reasons would make a good blog entry by themselves. In short, they would be: Am I passionate enough about any topic to make a podcast interesting. And, could I be honest enough - true enough to my listeners. Not to mention any repercussions were my employer to happen upon my show. That last is a concern regarding this blog too. And for now, if I keep my blog entries limited to you friends only, I should be relatively safe to speak my mind.

I've gotten some emails asking about Alaska and life here, and would be happy to discuss it in future blog entries. I'm also something of a Dark Tower junkie, so you King freaks out there, chime in. In fact the DT series would be a decent candidate for a podcast. I'm also into Macs, and blah,blah,blah (look to the left and you can read my interests). Somebody slap me if I go off the track again. Also, I might just use this a diary for you guys to read. My boring day-to-day shit like: Woke up, scratched ass, had coffee, showered... I'm sure that would be a REAL hit. And, I'll warn you up front to expect spelling, and grammatical errors.

Well, I'm feeling blogged out for now. I'll try to keep this more regular than I have.

~Adrift

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home