Friday, March 17, 2006

Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:26 (repost)

My commute

The plan: Drive from work to Freddies and T.Bell. Then home for the night.

The reality:

I high-centered the car when I was cutting through my own neighborhood on the way to Freddies. It seems that Muldoon was gridlocked for some reason. Turned off of N. Lights onto side street too fast. Grabbed the little shovel in the trunk and dug out around the wheels. Tried to drive out. No good. Tried to push it out myself. Made a bit of progress - but still no good. This 10 year old boy asked me if I needed help. Two of us rocking the car now. Almost almost. This woman gets out of her SUV and adds to our efforts. Car is free! I thank them and am on my way. Pants soaked. Hands smell like road grime.

Home. Washup. Change. Back to Freddies.

Times like this make me proud of Anchorage. I didn't ask for anyone's help and two stepped forward within a couple of minutes of getting stuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home