Sunday, April 23, 2006

I have a confession to make...


Even when I am 'on the vegan train', my diet is not totally vegan. I still eat fish. You see, my vegan diet is modeled after my wife's diet. And she's been vegan (except for fish) for years.

So with that in mind... here's today's food tip: Clam Chowder. I know what you're thinking, and you're right! I have sworn off of beef and dairy products. In fact, I haven't had milk in probably 4 years. So clam chowder has been OFF THE LIST for me. Until... I remembered a loop-hole. Manhattan Clam Chowder! I had tried the stuff long ago and my opinion was - Ack! But... four years without any clam chowder?? Hmm. Maybe it was time to give tomato-based Manhattan another try. So with that in mind, I kept my eyes open for it at the grocer. And actually found a version sold in the health food department at Fred Meyer.



Health Valley Seafood's Manhattan Clam Chowder! Of course, I'd prefer to have something that doesn't come out of a can. But I'm not adept at making soup from scratch. So this will have to do for now. My only criticism of Health Valley's is that it's a bit strong on the pepper. But at least I can get my clam chowder fix now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home