Friday, March 24, 2006

Spring!

This week has been many things. Long, and wrought with the usual ups and downs. But through it all, the blossoming hope of spring. Anchorage gains sunlight at over five minutes a day this time of year. And I am here to tell you that squinting into hard sunlight during my morning commute fills a void in my soul. It's been a long dark winter.

Other signs of spring? I actually used the vent in the car today. You know? To actually get cool air blowing into the car. COOL air. Amazing. Oh, and also on my way home tonight, I saw some guy riding a motorcycle. True - the dude and his crotch-rocket looked absolutely dipped in mud! But a sure sign of spring? Yes!!

If you're reading this from a southern state, you have to picture that I have two feet of snow on my lawn yet. The trees are all sticks - void of leaves or even buds. Insects? Nada. And yes... up here we consider this spring.

Spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home